Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 | Filed under: Wedding Budget, Wedding Favors, wedding planning | author: By admin,
Monday, March 9th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding planning, wedding receptions, Wedding Venues | author: By Andrew Kronengold,
Giving great wedding favors is a big wedding trend in 2015, as more wedding couples love the look of pretty little gifts offered as treats to their wedding guests, and as in-the-moment gratitude gifts for attending their big day. We’re a global society, with more wedding guests traveling from afar to attend a wedding in northern NJ, so there’s a ‘thank you for traveling all this way to be with us’ element of wedding favors now.
Plus, the wedding favors shown on Pinterest and on top wedding blogs are just so lovely! Wedding couples are putting more thought into what their wedding favors will be, and while favors are one of the lowest wedding costs, you’ll still want to make the most of your wedding budget by choosing stylish and trendy wedding favors that look more expensive than they are:
- Offer edible wedding favors. You might bake cookies or brownies on your own, spending just a few dollars for ingredients, or you might buy a box of brand-name cookies like Entenmann’s or Little Debbie – using a coupon to make it even less expensive – and wrap cookies to present as favors. Wedding guests love getting a snack to enjoy on the way home, and edible favors can be chosen to work with your wedding’s theme or season, such as maple-flavored brownies for a fall wedding in NJ.
- Ask your wedding venue if some of your wedding dessert items, like zeppole that are so popular at NJ weddings, trendy wedding macarons, cookies and other treats can be packaged up and set out as wedding favors by the wedding venue’s exit.
- Offer mini potted flowers. Local NJ garden centers offer tiny potted flowers for just a few dollars apiece, and these delicate blooms are pleasing wedding favors.
- Offer flower seed packets. Again, your local NJ garden center displays racks of small flower seed packets that can tie into your garden wedding theme, or work just as well as bridal shower gifts. Use that wedding trend of variety to give guests their choice of several different kinds of flower seed packets, and affix a personalized DIY label to the packets without covering planting instructions on the back.
- Offer scoops and take-home baggies or containers at your wedding venue candy bar. A colorful candy bar is a top trend in wedding dessert hours, and when you add craft store-bought scoops and baggies, cones or containers, guests can select their own take-home favors from the bar you’ve already paid for.
- Shop locally at NJ stores. When you buy wedding favors at nearby stores and small businesses, you support the local economy and avoid paying shipping fees for your wedding favors.
- Use coupons and coupon apps at your craft store, to get a percentage off your purchase, making some of your wedding favor wrapping supplies free.
- Use credit card reward points to get gift cards to the store where you’d like to buy your wedding favors. The points you’ve accrued in your other wedding purchased might add up to a $25 or more gift card to a craft store or other shop, and you’ll then use this gift card to get your wedding favors for free. Just look into this far in advance, since it can take weeks for your Reward Points gift card to arrive in the mail in time for your use.
- Buy candies in bulk at your nearby party supply store, and divide your supply into wedding favor bags or mini boxes, for budget savings.
- Shop holiday sales for wedding favors that are non-perishable. For instance, Black Friday sales can let you buy non-edible favors for a very low cost. You then just store them away until your wedding day. You might save 50 percent or more on your wedding favors, and cross this task off your wedding to-do list sooner.
- Skip the custom-ordered personalized ribbon imprinted with your names and wedding date. It’s not a necessity.
- Think twice about printing out very colorful favor labels. Printer ink can be very pricy, eliminating any savings you wish to get from a wedding DIY project.
- Make a donation to your favorite cause, and print up a sign to display at your wedding venue, letting guests know that you’ve made a donation in their honor. It’s now a big trend to add to this a basket of candies, so that guests get a little something to take home with them.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding ideas, wedding planning, wedding themes, Wedding Venues | author: By Rschick, Private Dining Manager, The Manor
When you meet with your wedding venue’s chef to create your sumptuous wedding menu, you get the advantage of the chef’s many years of culinary expertise, plus your wedding chef’s best advice on how to please all of your wedding guests with a cocktail party menu and reception dinner menu featuring the best foods of the season, and the top trends in wedding catering. Read more…
Monday, February 9th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding ideas, wedding planning, Wedding Venues | author: By Laura Madden, Senior Sales Manager, Pleasantdale Chateau
One of the main focal points of any wedding ballroom is the beautifully-lit wedding cake, designed to your vision and promising guests a delicious experience during the wedding dessert hour. Your wedding guests will marvel at your wedding cake’s design and you too will be in awe of what your cake designer has created, your cake wishes come to life in full and resplendent glory – just waiting for that big moment when the two of you cut the first piece of wedding cake and feed it to one another in one of the most symbolic wedding rituals of all time. Read more…
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 | Filed under: wedding planning, Wedding Trends, Wedding Venues | author: By Lars Johnson,
The best wedding venues in New Jersey feature beautiful outdoor spaces like wedding gardens in full bloom and stately fountains, as well as an elegant ballroom and refined gathering spaces. You’ll surely want to make the most of everything your wedding venue has to offer, so we suggest planning to experience and capture your wedding venue’s grounds in the following ways for your New Jersey wedding: Read more…
Thursday, January 29th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding photography, wedding planning, wedding receptions, Wedding Trends | author: By Kurt Knowles, Director of Corporate Affairs
Every couple inviting their guests to a New Jersey wedding wants to create additional wedding dinners and parties that treat their wedding guests to the best dining in New Jersey, since we’re known for our fine cuisine, in stunning event venues that set the stage for an enjoyable and unforgettable event during the wedding weekend. So for your welcome cocktail party, rehearsal dinner, wedding after-party and even your morning-after breakfast, your wedding venue can be the perfect place for all of those celebrations. Read more…
Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 | Filed under: Wedding etiquette, Wedding guests, Wedding Invitations, wedding planning | author: By Preston Postlethwaite, Banquet Manager, The Manor
The best wedding venues know the reputations of the top wedding photographers in New Jersey, wedding professionals who have impressed us with their photography styles, talents and professionalism, and in an effort to help our NJ wedding couples plan the perfect wedding day, we offer a list of recommended wedding professionals for our couples to consider. With so many wedding photographers in New Jersey, it’s important to choose a photographer who has a sterling reputation, years of experience, professional association membership and training, and many happy NJ wedding couples pleased with their work. Read more…
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 | Filed under: Wedding Fun, Wedding guests, wedding planning | author: By Laura Madden, Senior Sales Manager, Pleasantdale Chateau
When your wedding invitation RSVP date rolls around, hopefully you will have received all of your guest responses and can then submit your official guest count to your wedding venue. However, it’s most often the case that wedding couples are left waiting for a handful of non-responders’ answers, which can be very frustrating. You might think, “They received their invitations weeks ago! How could they not respond?” Read more…
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 | Filed under: wedding ideas, wedding planning, wedding themes | author: By Mary McGill, Banquet Manager, Ram’s Head Inn
Creating your wedding guest list is one of the most exciting wedding tasks you’ll undertake early on in your planning. As you record the names of your family, friends and colleagues, you’ll undoubtedly feel blessed to have so many loving relatives and fabulous friends to share your big day with. But before you write down hundreds of names on your guest list, be sure to keep a few important guest list rules in mind: Read more…
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 | Filed under: Bright Ideas for your wedding, wedding ceremony, wedding planning | author: By Laura Madden, Senior Sales Manager, Pleasantdale Chateau
Wedding couples are putting a lot of thought into their wedding colors for spring 2015. After all, wedding colors set the tone for a beautiful wedding scene, with soft, muted shades creating a sense of romantic elegance and bright wedding colors creating an energized scene of excitement and vibrance. Read more…
When you book your wedding at a top wedding venue, you enjoy many wedding perks, including having access to your wedding venue’s supply of china, stemware, tables and chairs, table linens – often in a variety of beautiful, designer styles and colors. Top wedding venues’ wedding packages will let you pick from a sizeable menu of tabletop choices and other wedding reception essentials, without needing to spend any extra money from your wedding budget on these particular items. Read more…